SunOS 4.1 kernel read fault panics

William M. Schmidt emcalc at sugar.hackercorp.com
Mon Jun 4 13:41:03 AEST 1990

In article <8384 at brazos.Rice.edu>, km at mathcs.emory.edu writes:
> We've been getting kernel read fault panics on our 4/280 server every few
> days since we converted to 4.1. "crash" doesn't show a real pattern, since
> we started saving the cores.  One time it was in the "ie" driver
> interrupting a user program, another time it was in the "zs" driver
> interrupting a system call.

On our 3/280 running an unpatched version of 4.1 we're seeing daily parity
errors on zs1, the keyboard/mouse interface. The interesting thing is that
since we're using a terminal as a console this device is not included in
the kernel configuration file. It'd be nice to know what's going on.

Bill Schmidt                 |
Texas Accelerator Center     | "Eagles may soar, but a worm never
emcalc at sugar.hackercorp.com  |  gets sucked into a jet engine"