Problem with "ld" and "ar"

Chyouhwa Chen cchen at sbcs.sunysb.edu
Mon Jun 4 01:02:00 AEST 1990

I'm working on a mixture of programs in C and Fortran, with the object
file generated on the order of 6-8 MegaBytes.  Several C libraries and a
Fortran library are created using "ar" to be linked against.  Sometimes
"ld" can't find some of the functions in the libraries, even though when I
did an "ar -t", the object files containing those functions is indeed in
them.  The strange thing is that "ld" can find other functions defined in
the same object files!  I've been manually including those object files
"ld" is having problems with.  Does anybody know a solution to avoid this
hassle?

Oh, yes, my configuration:

  Sun SS1, SunOS 4.0.3

- Chyouhwa Chen