Hypercard

Chris Esposito bcsaic!chrise at beaver.cs.washington.edu
Wed Jun 13 09:19:29 AEST 1990

In article <8710 at brazos.Rice.edu> chris at rsl.egg.com (Chris Greve) writes:
>We have all seen HyperCard on the Mac, I desperately need a comparable
>product for the Sun.  I don't need HyperCard compatibility, just a like
>functionality.  This product should run under X but Sunview or NeWS are
>
>[[Ed's Note: A product called 'HyperCmedia' was mentioned in v8n201,
>but no further information was forwarded to Sunspots. -bdg]]

If you are willing to learn NeWS (a non-trivial undertaking) then I think
your best bet would be HyperNeWS, which is the closest thing to Supercard
that I have seen on a Sun (Supercard provides a nicely extended superset
of the original Hypercard's functionality). HyperNeWS is available via
anonymous ftp from tumtum.cs.umd.edu.

P.S. I also have HyperCmedia, and though it does have its uses, it does
not, IMHO, offer functionality comparable to Supercard or HyperNeWS.

Chris Esposito                      | Internet: chrise at atc.boeing.com
Boeing Advanced Technology Center   | uucp: ...!uw-june!bcsaic!chrise