Ksh in cmdtool

Robert V Kline rvk at twitch.att.com
Thu Jun 14 05:37:06 AEST 1990

Using the Korn shell in a shelltool window allows access to previous
command lines by first striking the escape key, and then using vi commands
to locate and editing the command line.

When I try the same thing in a cmdtool window, striking the escape key
does not get me into an editing mode; some kind of representation of the
escape key is echoed instead.

Otherwise, most of the history features of the Korn shell appear to
function within a cmdtool window.  I'd like to hear from anyone what has
successfully used the Korn shell in this way.

att!twitch!rvk