Ksh in cmdtool

Robert L. Howard rhoward%msd at gatech.edu
Fri Jun 15 06:45:58 AEST 1990

In article <8863 at brazos.Rice.edu> rvk at twitch.att.com (Robert V Kline) writes:

>Using the Korn shell in a shelltool window allows access to previous
>command lines by first striking the escape key....
>
>When I try the same thing in a cmdtool window, striking the escape key
>does not get me into an editing mode; some kind of representation of the
>escape key is echoed instead.

When you strike the Esc key using csh for file name completion you get the
same problem.  I've stopped using cmdtool completely.  (This is true in
the 4.0.x versions; how about 4.1, especially under OpenWindows)

Is there a solution to this problem?

Robert L. Howard
rhoward at msd.gatech.edu
UUCP:   ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!msd!rhoward