Thinnet transceivers for SLC, SS1, and other AUI-only systems

Bob Sutterfield bob at morningstar.com
Fri Jun 29 05:43:02 AEST 1990

We've had good results with the MicroBat from Eakins Open Systems,
(800)776-5665.  It's a very small black box that plugs directly into the
AUI port on the back of your workstation, with one female BNC jack at the
other edge.  It's small enough near the AUI connector that it even fits an
SLC.  There's a jumper inside to enable or disable SQE if you're using
something that cares one way or the other.

Though the current MicroBat stands straight out from the AUI port, there's
a rumored future model with a right-angle connector.  It will lay flat on
the back of an SLC, which will be useful in low-clearance installations
like my office, where my cables rub the wall.

(I have no relationship with Eakins other than that of a satisfied
customer.  It's just a good product that may solve your problem.)