3/80 Boot troubles continue!!

Jeff Giacobbe giacobbe at pilot.njin.net
Sat Jun 2 00:17:25 AEST 1990

First off:  MANY THANKS to all who replied to my first cry for help!

Your general concensus was that the rpc.bootparamd daemon was not working
as it should.  I tried kill it and restarting it, killing/restarting inetd
*then* rpc.bootparamd and I checked and rechecked my hosts and export
files.  I also did an exportfs.

EVERYTHING seems to be in order (but it obviously isn't :-( )

When I start rpc.bootparamd in debug mode and then try to boot a client, I
get the following error about 50 times (until the boot attempt times out)

bp_getclntent failed.
bp_getclntent failed.
bp_getclntent failed.

(you get the idea ;-) )

Does anyone know what the heck this error means?? I can't seem to find it
in any manual.

Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated, as this Sun 4/260 is
currently a very expensive stand-alone workstation instead of being a
server!

Thanks again,

Jeff
@xxxxx{==============-    giacobbe at pilot.njin.net    -==============}xxxxx@
|                      giacobbe at apollo.montclair.edu                      |
|                "There can be only one..." - (Highlander)                |