Help! Sunlink 3270 6.0

Philip Meese cornwall!pmeese at uunet.uu.net
Thu Jun 7 11:12:19 AEST 1990

pyuxf!fhsu at bellcore.bellcore.com (Frank Hsu) writes:

> we want to get the total of all the transactions
> between our Sun Workstations and the IBM mainframe...

As you already know, the Sunlink software is in two parts: the software
emulating the 3274 cluster controller, and the software emulating the 327X
display device.

Obviously, this would indicate that you could approach it at either end.
The most expedient and cheapest method would be to front end the terminal
emulator with a window (I have developed such code myself) and track all
the keystrokes there. This may be a tad kludgy for your tastes though,
since you would have to ensure that all your users were using *your*
emulator front end.

The more satisfactory solution would be to add some code to the sna3274
software to report all these special keystrokes (which could be easily
done if you had the source). You would have to pay Sun Micro Consulting to
do that though, if you don't have the source.  The programming involves
coding at the level of the 3270 datastream which ain't too bad if you have
the right docs :-).

Good Luck... let me know if I can be of some further assistance.