Dim Sun Monitor?

Steven DeLaney steved at gold.gvg.tek.com
Fri Jun 29 09:42:13 AEST 1990

Is anyone out there having any problems with their Sun 3 monitors?  We've
got a bunch of 3/80's here, all about 3-4 months old, with 19" mono
displays. They seem to be catching a case of the "flickering screen".

The failure mode is that every so often the user will notice the luminance
(brightness) ratchet up or down a little.  Initially the interval between
these changes is fairly long, but over time increases in frequency to the
point where it starts to piss one off.

Anyone seen this on their machine?  We've got at least 3 cases now and it
seems that Sun could have the sort of problem that automakers solve with a
factory recall.

Steve DeLaney
Grass Valley Group