Dim Sun Monitor?

Ken Rice pur-ee!rice at marimba.ecn.purdue.edu
Sat Jun 30 06:53:13 AEST 1990

In article <9459 at brazos.Rice.edu>, steved at gold.gvg.tek.com (Steven

| The failure mode is that every so often the user will notice the luminance
| (brightness) ratchet up or down a little.  Initially the interval between
| these changes is fairly long, but over time increases in frequency to the
| point where it starts to piss one off.

We have at least three monitors (all relatively new ones) that seem to be
doing the same thing.  I have yet to find one that did it frequently
enough to allow troubleshooting it.  I, too, would really like to know if
there is a known cure for this.

	rice at orchestra.ecn.purdue.edu			...!pur-ee!rice
	Ken Rice, Computer Maintenance Engineer
	Engineering Computer Network, Electrical Engineering Department
	Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana  47907