University Ingres on a Sun Sparc Station

Anne Louise Gockel alg at cs.cornell.edu
Tue Jun 5 06:40:55 AEST 1990

We have a database and a couple of equel programs in Ingres on a Vax
system that we would like to port to a Sun Sparcstation.  We retrieved the
University Ingres 89 from postgres.berkeley.edu, but seem to have some
problems using it and using equel on the Sparcstation.

Is there a release of Ingres known to run on the Sparc?  Are there patches
that I am missing?  Is there a public domain Ingres followon with a
language similar to equel?

Thanks for any help or pointers.
					-Anne Louise Gockel
					Cornell Computer Science