Sparc SLC

Pete Holsberg pjh%mccc at princeton.edu
Tue Jun 5 06:34:20 AEST 1990

I'm faced with a bit of a problem that should be easy for you Sun people.
:-)  I teach an "Intro To UNIX" course that is based on System V R3 on an
AT&T 3B2/400 (bourne and korn shells) and have been scheduled to teach
this course at a local industrial site next fall.  I was just informed
that they have decided to purchase a Sparc SLC computer and network it to
the systems they already have, which as far as I know are VAXen running
VMS.

Now, I know nothing about the SLC and damned little about SunOS except
that it is strongly related to Berkeley UNIX.  My problem is how to find
out what I have to do to the course to make it fit the Sparc SLC
environment.

Thanks,

Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math
UUCP:...!princeton!mccc!pjh  1200 Old Trenton Road, Trenton, NJ 08690