Lpr Out of Memory with Interleaf

Elizabeth Zwicky zwicky at itstd.sri.com
Tue Jun 12 04:40:06 AEST 1990

In article <8731 at brazos.Rice.edu> moncol!l2768 at princeton.edu (SADANAND LAKKA) writes:

>I use a documentation and graphics software called Interleaf on Sun 3/60.
>It has menu driven interface. While executing the print command (output to
>the postscript laser printer), quite often I get an error message "
>/usr/ucb/lpr : out of memory "

You're using SunOS 4.0.3, and Interleaf is kicking a bug in the line
printer system. You have three choices:

1) Get the patch for this bug from Sun. Not having used this option
   myself, I don't know which one it is, but I have been told that there is
   one.

2) Install the 3.5 versions of lpd and lpr.

3) Upgrade to 4.1, where the problem has been fixed.

(I suppose it would be undue provocation to add my favorite option, 4)
Stop using Interleaf.)

	Elizabeth Zwicky