Grtool 1.04 Beta available

Paul Turner pturner at cse.ogi.edu
Fri Jun 8 15:50:53 AEST 1990

This is the official announcement of Release 1.04 Beta of grtool, a
plotting tool for Suns running SunOS 4.0+. While 1.03 has been available
for a couple of months there may be some people still using 1.02, if you
are using 1.02, you should upgrade. This announcement might be of interest
to users of 1.03 as there is a new driver for the HP Laserjet II at 100,
150, 300 dpi as well as an improved (but largely untested) PostScript
driver (just in case, I've included the older version).

As usual, grtool is available via anonymous ftp from  cse.ogi.edu IP
[129.95.40.2] in pub/grtool/grtool-1.04beta.tar.Z. Be sure to set transfer
type to binary, please try to use off hours < 8AM & > 5PM PDT.

In the same directory as grtool is an alpha version of the XView port of
grtool - xvgr. While still suffering from the effects of convert_to_xview
it has successfully produced (on screen) the examples distributed with
grtool. I mention xvgr mainly to let those people interested in an X
version that xvgr is in the works. It will most certainly not compile on
anything but a Sun, but if there are some adventurous souls out there with
XView on other architectures who wouldn't mind throwing xvgr at their C
compilers for some preliminary measures of portabiliity, I would
appreciate hearing from you. The name of the file is
pub/grtool/xvgr-1.00alpha.tar.Z

--Paul