External SCSI terminators

Jim Wildman lynxys!jaw at ee.ecn.purdue.edu
Thu Jun 14 01:58:19 AEST 1990

|I'm looking for suppliers of external SCSI terminators, such as Sun
|supplies for Sparcstations and 386i's.

We have gotten the following Amp parts for terminating the SCSI bus in a
product that we build.  I have not tried any of them on a Sun.

For Centronics style connectors (Amp calls it a 'Champ').  These are VERY
nice assemblies.  They are in a metal case and are the same size as the
connector, just twice as deep (ie, you might have to move the equipment
away from a wall 3/4").  Price, $30-$40 each from Time Electronics.  Comes
with slots for the bail locks.

	868-875-1 	This is for single ended buses.
	868-875-2 	This is for differential buses.

For 'D' style connectors with 3 rows of pins (Amp calls it an
'Amplimite').  These are not nearly as nice.  They are in a plastic case
and the case is deeper AND HIGHER than the connector.  If the connector on
the equipment is right at the bottom of the cabinet, you might have to put
the cabinet up on something to get this on the connector.  Or you can
disassemble the case and just use the guts of it which leaves you with the
same sized thing as the Centronics one, only no nice case.  Price is about
the same.  Comes with thumb screws.

	869-127-1	This is for differential buses and I'm not sure
			about the single ended ones, but this is a starting
			point.

Hope this helps.

Jim Wildman, Production Manager
Lynxys, Inc		UUCP = {backbone}!pur-ee!lynxys!jaw
Lafayette, IN			or
317/497-0309		jaw%lynxys.uucp at ee.ecn.purdue.edu