Porting Pic to SPARC - how to pass union arguments?

Glenn Huxtable glenn at wacsvax.uwa.oz
Tue Jun 5 18:45:10 AEST 1990

I am trying to get the BSD version of DWB working on a SPARC. Most things
are ok except 'pic'. It makes copious use of passing various types to a
function which is trying to use a union argument. The SPARC manuals say
that you cannot do this. I cant think of any neat way around this without
rewriting 'picy.y', I dont want to touch that if I can help it.

Does anyone have patches to the BSD-DWB pic, or can anyone suggest ways
around the problem? The problem may also be YACC related since it is using
YACC's YYSTYPE union to pass int's, char *'s and struct *'s. Perhaps YACC
users may have met similar problems?

ACSnet   - glenn at wacsvax.cs.uwa.oz			        glenn huxtable
Internet - glenn at wacsvax.cs.uwa.oz.au		      dept of computer science
Phone    - +61 09 380 2878	               university of western australia
Fax      - +61 09 382 1688