Scanners for workstations

David S. Herron david at twg.com
Thu Jun 14 08:21:01 AEST 1990

I'm in the midst of doing some documentation and it has occurred to me
that some of this would be a whole lot easier if I had something for
scanning in pictures.  It's the same old reason that scanners are hot
stuff in the PC & Mac & Amiga markets ...

So to do it on a workstation I gotta have a Whizzy-whig editor that can
handle graphics.  Island Graphics claims to have one...  (and for my
preferred environment too..  X)  Now all I need is the scanner ..

The way these scanners came into the Amiga market was via someone writing
a SCSI driver for the scanners that'd already been developed for the Mac
market place.  Assumably the Sun market place could do the same since all
the machines have SCSI hardware built in ...

 David Herron, an MMDF weenie, <david at twg.com>
 Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david at ms.uky.edu>