SunOS 4.1 and symbolic linked directories??

Mark Horstman 5-3417 mhorstm at swbatl.swbt.com
Fri Jun 8 03:09:32 AEST 1990

Something strange is happening with my symbolic directory links on my SS1
running the new recently installed SunOS 4.1.  When I cd to a directory
that is a symbolic link to another directory and then back out of it (cd
..) I'm in the other directory tree.

$cd /u1/guest
$pwd
/u1/guest
$rm dir
rm: dir: No such file or directory
$ln -s /usr/test/dir dir
$ls -al dir
lrwxrwxrwx  1 guest        23 Jun  7 10:36 dir -> /usr/test/dir
$cd dir
$pwd
/u1/guest/dir
$cd ..
$pwd
/usr/test

BTW: /u1/guest is not a symbolic link.  Is this what is supposed to
happen?

                             Mark Horstman
                             Southwestern Bell Telephone
                             mhorstm at swbatl.sbc.com OR uunet!swbatl!mhorstm