PCNFS PD time program?

Kenneth Porter well!shiva at apple.com
Fri Jun 8 03:46:31 AEST 1990

I received the following response to my query on sun-nets.  I thought the
most appropriate thing would be to forward it to the rice archives as I've
received almost a dozen queries wanting a CC of the program.

|Date:    Thu, 10 May 90 08:36:00 EDT
|Subject: Re: PCNFS PD time program?
|From:    apple!East.Sun.COM!geoff (Geoff Arnold @ Sun BOS)
|
|>From Sun-Nets-request at umiacs.UMD.EDU Thu May 10 00:09:33 1990
|>To: sun-nets at umiacs.umd.edu
|>Subject: PCNFS PD time program?
|>Sender: Sun-Nets-request at umiacs.UMD.EDU
|>
|>Does a PD program exist to provide time-setting services to a
|>PC using PCNFS?  I'd like my PC's to get their time from the
|>net to keep everybody in sync.
|>
|>Ken
|>shiva at well.sf.ca.us
|>

|I have posted a copy of "rdate.exe" several times to comp.protocols.nfs,
|etc. Here it is again: Usage: "rdate hostname". I didn't want to allow/
|encourage broadcasts....
|
|Geoff

[[Ed's Note: Placed in archives. The routine is compressed and uuencoded
in two files. So, you need to recombine them, uudecode them, and then
uncompress them. {zu=compressed,uuencoded} -bdg]]

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu (128.42.1.30)
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : rdate.zu.{1-2}
	Filesize : 67807 bytes (2 files, largest=34308 bytes)

Archive Server Address: archive-server at rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source rdate.zu.{1-2}