software security packages - C2

Binod K. Taterway LUBKT at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu
Sun Nov 4 14:00:00 AEST 1990

In article <1990Oct8.004131.16157 at rice.edu>, jobe at shell.com (Bill Jobe) writes:
> I am interested in compiling a list of vendors that offer add on security
> software that does not require kernel changes to UNIX.  Also interested in
> public domain packages.  Areas of interest include passwords, file access
> control, restricted superuser, audit, and rservice controls.  So far I

Try   Kerberos  from    MIT    (prep.ai.mit.edu)   and     COPS   from
cert.sei.cmu.edu. A number  of archiver servers,  such as uunet.uu.net and
wuarchive.wustl.edu, might also  have these  software.  I am  very pleased
with Kerberos. I have been able  to compile is successfully on SS1+, Sun0S
4.1.  COPS  is a simple bug  checking tools, but is  quite useful too.

Binod Taterway				LUBKT at vax1.CC.Lehigh.EDU
User Consultant				LUBKT at spectrum.CC.Lehigh.EDU
Lehigh University, Beth, PA.
(215) 758-3984.