Sun on a 386 sys V network.

Stan Voket gaboon!asv at uunet.uu.net
Sun Nov 4 14:00:00 AEST 1990

A friend and I are theorizing whether a diskless Sun workstation can be
made to boot from a SunOs kernal residing on a 386 SysV network server.
Is this possible?  Is it practical?  Above all, is it useable.  The Sun OS
and file system would have to reside completely on the SysV disk.

Any insight to this matter will be appreciated.

| -   Stan Voket, asv at gaboon - OR - ...uunet!hsi!stpstn!gaboon!asv   - |
|       -   Voice: (203) 746-4489 - FAX 746-9761 TELEX 4996516  -      |