SunOS 4.* seems much slower

David Gast gast at cs.ucla.edu
Thu Nov 29 04:45:45 AEST 1990

I imagine that this question has been brought up many times (by every
user?), but I don't read this newsgroup.  The problem is that SunOs 4.* (I
think we are using 4.0.3) seems much slower than SunOs 3.5.  It is not
unusual to wait 10 seconds for something to echo.  Writing files now takes
order of magnitude longer than before.  Perhaps there are other factors
involved.  What I am wondering is if this slowness is a well-known problem
or if other factors may be at work.  Please send e-mail and I will
summarize.

Thanks,
David Gast
gast at cs.ucla.edu
{uunet,ucbvax,rutgers}!{ucla-cs,cs.ucla.edu}!gast