GNU Emacs under SunOS 4.1

lubkt at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu lubkt at vax1.cc.lehigh.edu
Fri Nov 16 23:05:00 AEST 1990

I am trying to compile GNU Emacs 18.55 under SunOS 4.1, and everything
seems to be working fine all the way uptil installation of the software,
and I get no error messages what soever. I always seem to get Fatal error
(6), and a core is dumped. When I do an adb on the core file, I get the
message SIGIOT 6: abort. I tried xemacs (x window version) with sticky bit
on, setuid on, and all possible permutations, including with 0755
protection mode, and I always get this error message. Is there any thing I
am missing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Binod Taterway				LUBKT at vax1.CC.Lehigh.EDU
User Consultant				LUBKT at spectrum.CC.Lehigh.EDU
Lehigh University, Beth, PA.
(215) 758-3984.