Big Woes, Little VI

Frederique Vernhes vernhes at aida.econ.yale.edu
Wed Nov 21 05:25:01 AEST 1990

I would like to thank all the people who have answered. Enough of them
told me to run tic and captoinfo if I had changed or customized any of the
termcap entries. Although I had not done so, I still read tic(8) a few
times, until it clicked: It all has to do with TERMINFO.

We have SAS running on these computers. We installed it under SunOS4.0.3.
Sas comes with its own terminfo library. This means I have the variable
TERMINFO defined as ~sas/terminfo in my setup. This works fine with SunOS
4.0.2, but it does not anymore with SunOS 4.1. On the machine that runs
4.1, I reset TERMINFO to /usr/lib/terminfo. and BINGO, vi is behaving.....

	Again, thanks to all who answered.

Frederique,

	Frederique L. Vernhes   vernhes at econ.yale.edu
Systems administrator, Sparcstations, Economics Department, Yale University.