Looking for lpr-able troff-to-postscript filter

Steve Simmons scs at lokkur.dexter.mi.us
Wed Apr 3 01:00:00 AEST 1991

While playing around with my printcap file, I noticed that lpr recognizes
output intended for a C/A/T typesetter (i. e., troff output) and goes off
looking for an entry of the form

	:tf=/usr/local/bin/foo:\

where foo is something that takes C/A/T on stdin and translates it for the
printer -- in this case, a HP LaserJet IIP w/Adobe PostScript cartridge.
I tried `thack', but it apparently makes lpr toss its cookies.

Before I try every filter under the Sun (pun intended), does anyone
already have one working *under those circumstances*?

Steve