Moving Sun disk to external case

Bob Posert bob at psitech.com
Wed Apr 24 10:00:00 AEST 1991

In a previous article, I write:
>The Wren
>works fine internally; but externally, probe-scsi finds it, but SunOS can't
>seem to find it.  It won't boot from it.  It doesn't mention finding it when
>booting from another disk or the ethernet.  Format can't find it.

Thanks to everyone who responded:
	sblair at upurbmw.dell.com (Steve Blair)
	markm at apex.com(Mark McDonald)
	sukes at eng.umd.edu (Tasuki Hirata)

Mark McDonald came up with:
	Have you tried changing the drive ID?  The 4/330 wants the first
	external disk to be target id 0, i.e., all id select jumpers off.

which fixed the problem.  I don't know why the Fuji works ok as the first
external drive with SCSI ID 2, but as long as it works now I'll leave it
alone.

Note that the 330 will find drive 0 first when probing, and will boot from
it on auto-boot.  If you want to change this, you need to change the
eeprom Boot Device entries.  I can email the details to anyone who needs
them.

Thanks again!

--Bob
I'm bob at psitech.com or uunet!psitech!bob