Setting the timezone without /sys

jfp at inel.gov jfp at inel.gov
Wed Apr 17 11:00:00 AEST 1991

I have a strange problem.  We have purchased a color electrostatic plotter
that has an embedded Sun3/60 running SunOs 4.0.3.  The os came preloaded
and the plotter vendor obviously didn't want any of their precious kernel
configuration files around, so they removed /sys (or /usr/share/sys, if
you insist).  Anyway, the timezone is set to PDT.  Since this part of
Idaho is in MDT, I would like to change it.  Without /sys, however, the
normal way to do this is rather hard.  Could some SunOs kernel guy point
me to the kernel variable (or whatever) and suggest a fix with adb or
something similar?  Thanks and BTW, this stupid disclaimer is not my
idea.....

Jeff Pack                         UUCP:  ...!uunet!inel.gov!jfp
Idaho National Engineering Lab    Internet:  jfp at inel.gov
P. O. Box 1625 M.S. 2603          Phone:  (208) 526-0007
Idaho Falls, ID 83415             FAX:  (208) 526-9936