Bnews 2.11 on Sun 3/280 (SunOs 4.0.3)

Michael S. Lueke mikel at taumet.com
Wed Jan 23 08:37:29 AEST 1991

I'm trying to get Bnews 2.11 patchlevel 19 set up on a Sun 3/280 running
SunOs 4.0.3.  Whenever rnews is invoked by uux the rnews program hangs.
Even worse the rnews process is in a disk wait state and I can't kill it
without rebooting the system.  This also happens when I invoke inews to
create a new newsgroup (inews -C).

When creating the software I used the localize.sun shell script and added
only a couple of modifications.  I changed the locations of SPOOLDIR,
BINDIR, LIBDIR and of course added the organization name to MYORG as well.
The thing compiled and installed without anything unusual happenning.
What am I missing?

	Michael S. Lueke
	TauMetric Corporation, San Diego
	mikel at taumet.com