Key bindings with Motif and OpenWindows on Sun-3

Gregory Gulik motcid!gulik at uunet.uu.net
Wed Jan 23 10:01:08 AEST 1991

After hours of frustration, and asking everyone I know about this problem,
I decided to post.  Basically, I want SunView-like functionality for my L5
and L7 keys to work under Motif/OpenWindows 2.0 on a Sun 3/60.

In my .mwmrc I have the keys defined like this:

Keys DefaultKeyBindings
{
    Shift<Key>Escape        	icon|window          f.post_wmenu
    Meta<Key>space          	icon|window   	     f.post_wmenu
    Meta Ctrl Shift<Key>exclam  root|icon|window     f.set_behavior
    Shift<Key>Escape        	root   		     f.menu "RootMenu"
    <Key>L5                     icon|window          f.raise_lower
    <Key>L7                     icon                 f.normalize
    <Key>L7                     window               f.minimize
}

Everything else in my .mwmrc get set up correctly!  I've tried just about
any combination I can think of.  I know those keys exist!

What am I doing wrong?  Please E-mail, I'll post a summary if necessary.

Gregory A. Gulik
        mcdchg!motcid!gulik  ||  greg at gagme.chi.il.us