Modem flow control

Tony Mountifield mwuk!tony at relay.eu.net
Fri Jan 18 21:34:29 AEST 1991

I have a Sun-3/80M with SunOS 4.0.3_EXPORT, and have a Trailblazer modem
connected to the "A" serial port (/dev/ttyd0 or /dev/cua0).

Since I use it for UUCP, I understand I cannot have XON/XOFF flow control
enabled between the modem and Sun. Can I somehow set it up for hardware
(RTS/CTS) flow control?

Reason: I also use the modem to receive interactive logins from me at
home. When I call up, if I do a command that generates a lot of output,
most after the first screen or so gets lost. So the main need is for the
TB modem to regulate the flow of data FROM the Sun.

Hope you guys can help,

Tony Mountifield.                | Microware Systems (UK) Ltd.
MAIL:  tony at mwuk.uucp            | Leylands Farm, Nobs Crook,
INET:  tony%mwuk.uucp at ukc.ac.uk  | Colden Common, WINCHESTER, SO21 1TH.
UUCP:  ...!mcsun!ukc!mwuk!tony   | Tel: 0703 601990   Fax: 0703 601991