/5lib and such portability

tonyg at meaddata.com tonyg at meaddata.com
Fri Jan 25 02:04:21 AEST 1991

I am in a group that plans to develop some stuff under SunOS 4.0.3 and
then move the applications to a PC running SYSV.  The applications use
sockets heavily.  Has anyone done something like this before, and if so,
what are some of the 'gotchas' that even using the /usr/5bin and such
directories don't help?  I am looking for stuff like AF_UNIX type for
sockets will not work because SYSV has pipes emplemented in the kernel,
and thus a named pipe cannot be selected upon.

	Thanks in advance

Tony Gast						tonyg at meaddata.com
Mead Data Central					uunet!meaddata!tonyg