fillmore%emrcan.bitnet at ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca fillmore%emrcan.bitnet at ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca
Fri Jan 25 03:09:30 AEST 1991

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for information about
inexpensive replacement monitors for Sun workstations.

Most people recommended Apex Computer in Redmond, WA.  They gave prices
ranging from $350 to $600, so I called Apex to verify the prices:

 19 inch monochrome monitor for Sun 3/60
     regular price   - $1200
     sale price      - $ 500
     repair price    - $ 450

So if you have a number of Suns it would be worth your while to pick up
one on sale to keep around for replacement purposes.  In our case this is
not practical, so we would have to repair it.  Even with shipping and
exchange on the dollar it would only cost us about $650 so we will
probably go this route next time.  BTW, in Canada Sun ships monitors made
by Philips in Toronto.

Here are some addresses:

  Apex Computer
  4500 150th Av. NE
  Redmond, WA 98052
  (206) 867-1900
  (800) 654-8222
  (206) 883-4910 FAX

  Pinnacle Data Systems        <--  $495 repair
  1350 West Fifth Ave.,
  Columbus, Ohio  43212
  (614) 487-1150

  Display Technologies,        <--  $99 repair if made by Elston Electronics
  1355 Holmes Road,
  Elgin, Illinois  60123
  (709) 931-2141 or 2131

Bob Fillmore, Systems Software & Communications     BITNET:  FILLMORE at EMRCAN
  Computer Services Centre,                         BIX:     bfillmore
  Energy, Mines, & Resources Canada                 Voice:   (613) 992-2832
  588 Booth St., Ottawa, Ontario, Canada  K1A 0E4   FAX:     (613) 996-2953