XGL graphics language

Laurence R. Brothers quasar at bellcore.com
Thu Jan 10 03:31:31 AEST 1991

I'm playing around with XGL, Sun's new graphics language product.  I'm
having some difficulty applying transformations to points and point lists.
Unfortunately, XGL is one of those manual+examples products, and all the
examples show view transformations, not object or point transformations.

Does anyone have any sample code showing the application of
transformations to point lists? It seems like it should be easy, but it
doesn't work correctly for me....

And another thing. XGL is a very low level language which doesn't shield
the programmer from having to understand mathematical aspects of rendering
and view transformation. It would be nice if there was a higher-level API
to it so that routine applications wouldn't have to descend to the XGL
level. There is what amounts to a macro package included with the demo
applications, but of course there is no documentation for it.

	         Laurence R. Brothers (quasar at bellcore.com)
      Bellcore -- Computer Technology Transfer -- Knowledge-Based Systems