Sunview to Xview font conversion on sun386i

Michael Itkin mitkin at yrloc.ipsa.reuter.com
Sat Jan 12 09:23:48 AEST 1991

I tried to use convertfont to convert a custom made font that works under
Sunview to something I can use with Xview.  I got a message 'byteswapped
vfont file format not supported.  On Sun386i try myfont.i386' where myfont
is the name of the font file I was trying to convert.  My guess is that I
may need to use vswap to unbyteswap (so to speak).  However I dont't have
vswap installed.  Also I am not sure this is what I should be doing.
Would anyone who has successfully converted their fonts on a sun386i to
the Xview format please describe what they did.  Please mailbox me and I
will summarise if vswap is not the route to go.  If it is, could someone
let me know where to get a copy of vswap.

P.S.  Yes I tried to use the font as is, but it only works under Sunview.