Help with configuring sendmail on SunOS 4.1.

Jesse W. Asher dynasys!jessea at rutgers.edu
Tue Jan 22 02:04:14 AEST 1991

I've got a Sun Sparcstation 1+ that I've got connected to Usenet.  The
problem is that when I attempt to send mail to the one and only UUCP site
connected to the machine, it sends the mail back to me saying that the
service is unavailable.  It says the following (hbmc is the sitename of
the Sun):

>>> HELO hbmc.UUCP
<<< 553 hbmc.UUCP host name configuration error
554 dynasys!jessea... Service unavailable

I've got /etc/defaultdomain set up as "UUCP" because I'm a uucp site only
at this point.  I've also got hbmc as "mailhost" in the  /etc/hosts file.

I would like to set sendmail up so that it forwards ALL mail sent on hbmc
to site "dynasys" (except local mail of course).  Does anyone have any
suggestions on how I can do this?

      Jesse W. Asher                             Phone: (901)382-1609
               6196-1 Macon Rd., Suite 200, Memphis, TN 38134
                UUCP: {fedeva,chromc,rutgers}!dynasys!jessea