(E) External SCSI Terminators: Summary

Mike Anderson mea at sparta.com
Tue Jan 22 01:24:31 AEST 1991

Greetings!

About a week and a half or so ago, I sent out a request for sources for
external SCSI terminator packs for disk drives (so you wouldn't have to
open up the drive to change the termination of the devices.  I got several

Rob Pennington writes:

I was very pleasantly surprised when we received a new Fuji 2263SA from R
Squared last week that had the external SCSI terminator plug with it.
When I called to see if I could order these separately, I was told yes.
The part number is CA922.  I plan to order a few more of these handy
little gizmos.  Best thing since sliced bread!

R Squared 800-777-3478, our sales rep is Don Ricks - unfortunately a nice
guy.  He has gone out of his way to be sure that we get what we need at a
good price.  BTW, the disk arrived formatted, which saved me the bother.
Mention my name and listen for the groans.

I am sure that other vendors have these devices also.

Rob Pennington
rlp at aps1.spa.umn.edu

Chet Edelman writes:

check out

	SUNshine catalog v12n4
	page 4 bottom left
	Mini SCSI-II Male p/n 1627 ($65.00)

from:

	NuData
	32 Fairview Avenue
	Little Silver NJ 07739
	(908) 842-5757 [fax: (908) 842-1161]

Good Luck!

Dave Axness writes:

I would think that most of the 3rd party OEM dealers would carry them.  I
got mine from Andataco (800) 334-9191.  I paid $65 apiece.  Let me know if
you can find them cheaper.  Be sure to specify if you need the 3 row D
type connector of the 2 row mini connector.  Good luck.

Dave Axness
...uunet!wor-mein!dave

and finally,

External terminators need power.  Some shoeboxes have power driven on pin
26 (I think, but don't count on 26 being correct) for external terminators
and some do not.  We have purchaced shoeboxes from Andataco that come with
terminators.  They may be willing to sell you just the terminator.  (Note
that Sun 3/60s have this pin grounded and will blow the power supply if
plugged into such a drive.)

Thank you one and all for your responses (and especially the warning).

Mike Anderson        "It is useless for sheep to pass resolutions in favor
SPARTA, Inc.          of vegetarianism while wolves remain of a different
mea at sparta.com        opinion."
(703) 448-0210                     William R. Inge, D.D.  1860-1954