check reconciliation programs

Fred Bourgeois metaware!fjb at uunet.uu.net
Thu Jan 3 09:04:58 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan02.005152.17906 at quest.UUCP> ssb at quest.UUCP (Scott Sheldon Bertilson) writes:

[I'm including the original posters article in full for those in the
new newsgroups I've added above.]

|I've recently had a chance to see a (from my perspective) fairly fancy
|package called Quicken running on a Macintosh (also available for DOS I
|understand) and am wondering if anything similar exists for UNIX.  I'm
|hoping for something that includes the ability to break down the payment
|according to tax categories and I'd like to be able to search it somehow
|to keep track of membership and subscription payments.

|I'm primarily interested in C source code that I can port to my 3B1, but
|any leads are welcome.  I've got the Smart software, but I don't think it
|has anything built-in to do this.

I have been looking for a similar package for Unix, preferably in source
code (C or Pascal), for Unix-pc, Sun, Mips, and other Unix hosts.  I have
also seen a package called "Checkfree" that runs on DOS and provides an
electronic funds transfer service - I would love to have that capability,
but not on DOS!  I am interested in obtaining the protocols for using some
form of electronic funds transfer.  Responses via e-mail preferred, I will
sum up to misc.taxes if enough interest is generated.

Fred Bourgeois, MetaWare Inc., 2161 Delaware Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA 95060-2806
fjb at metaware.com					...!uunet!metaware!fjb