Submission for comp-sys-sun

Stud Muffin mailrus!umich!vela!cbeale at uunet.uu.net
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

From: cbeale at vela.acs.oakland.edu (Stud Muffin)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.sun
Subject: RPC problems on Sun3's
Date: 14 May 91 17:39:59 GMT

Problem:  Some of our Sun3's running 4.0.3 are spewing out "RPC: can't encode
the arguments" in bursts a few seconds apart.  The repetitive nature of this
problem leads me to believe that it's some sort of daemon gremlin.  Has
anyone else experienced this problem?  We called Sun but you now how that goes.
I apologize if this is old turf but we are just now getting a news feed in
here and I've been out of touch for a while.  Note that I'm still using my
university account.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Christopher Beale
Low guy on the big totem-pole.
Oopse, I haven't changed my sig since I became a taxpayer.