Q: Adding 4Mb SIMMs to SPARCstations

James Montebello racerx!james at uunet.uu.net
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

Dumb question time:

	We want to add some memory to our SS-1. We have 16 1Mb SIMMS in
	it now and wish to replace some or all of them with 4Mb SIMMS
	to get 32-64Mb. Alas, the Toshiba SIMMs we had on hand don't
	work. The machine won't boot with them in place.
	They are: TC5141100ASJ-80's

	My question(s): Why not? I've heard that there are several
	types of 4Mb SIMMS (some with static-columns, some with
	"fast-paging", etc), do we simply have the wrong type? Do
	we need some other change, like some hidden jumper or PAL?

	E-mail, please.

james montebello (uunet!racerx!james)
--

James Montebello (uunet!racerx!james)     "my employer has no opinions."