68881 support in SunOS 4.1.1

Jim Wildman lynxys!jaw at dynamo.ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

	System:
	 3/160 with MC68881 and 4 Meg of memory
	 SunOS 4.1.1
	 Usual peripherals.

Today I had occassion to recompile the kernal.  As make was running, I
noticed that it called cc with '-fsoft'.  Since we have the MC68881 on the
cpu board I thought I would make use of it.  I changed
/usr/kvm/sys/sun3/conf/Makefile.src to use '-f68881' and reran /etc/config.
The make now calls cc with '-f68881' and runs fine until it gets to

where it croaks with a

	'f68881_used undefined'

error.  What gives?  Does it not make any difference to the kernal which
floating point option I use?  Is my MC68881 just a glorified heat sink?
Did I miss a module when I loaded the system?