Lockscreen bypass?

Tim Wood tim at sybase.com
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

In article <2643 at brchh104.bnr.ca> you write:

>I need to share a 3/60 console between two people, one working on it a few
>hours in the morning, the other in the afternoon. In between I want it to
>run lockscreen [or something to that effect] to prevent the screen
>contents to be burned into the hardware [;-)].

If that's ALL you want lockscreen for, a better arrangement is to add
a line like:
	screenblank -d 1800;	echo -n ' screenblank'
to /etc/rc.local in the "local daemons" section (for pre-4.1 OS, redirect
output of the command line to /dev/console.)  This will start a
process that turns off the screen beam after 30min. of no kbd or mouse
button activity.  If you want actual security between sessions, log
out.  Screenblank will save your hardware.
HTH,
-TW
--
Sybase, Inc. / 6475 Christie Ave. / Emeryville, CA / 94608	  415-596-3500
WORK:tim at sybase.com     {pacbell,pyramid,sun,{uunet,ucbvax}!mtxinu}!sybase!tim