Lockscreen bypass?

Guy Harris auspex!guy at uunet.uu.net
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

>The one annoying feature of it which I've found is that when no one is
>logged in, you have to press an echoing key before the display resumes.
>(Entering your userid to start your login works, of course.) When
>you're logged in, you can press *any* key (such as Shift) and the
>display will resume.

Actually, it's not a question of "logged in" vs. "not logged in", it's a
question of whether a window system is running or not, but since most
people fire up a window system once they log in (there are probably some
who are masochistic enough to run directly on the console "tty", I
suspect), the net effect is usually what you describe.