SunCore on a Sparc2

Holland D A holld at sx.ac.uk
Wed Jun 5 04:40:00 AEST 1991

We have a SparcStation 2, 24-bit true-colour machine, running SunOS
Release 4.1.1-GFXRev1.  Unfortunately, we have lots of software written
in SunCore (okay, I know hardly anyone uses SunCore, but we do...did!).
We managed to run the software on an IPC (8-bit colour), but it won't
work on the Sparc2.  It cannot find a suitable view_surface on which to
draw.  Using "pixwindd" works, up to a point, but that is only monochrome,
and we need colour.  Using "get_view_surface()" fails to find a suitable
surface and then crashes the machine (oops!).
	Has anyone managed to port SunCore to the Sparc2, and if so, what
do I need to do to get it working?  While I'm on the subject, is it easy/
fairly easy/difficult/almost impossible to convert a SunCore program to
either SunPHIGS or SunGKS?
	Thanks, David.

      __    __                         |  David A Holland, Dept of Mathematics
     /   ) /  \  /   )     ######\     |  University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park
    /   / /__ / /__ /     # `.`.`.\    |  Colchester, Essex, CO4 3SQ, UK.
    _____________ /       \_______\_>* |  email  holld at essex.ac.uk
                            #    #     |  PHONE  (+44) 206 873022