assertion failed: pp->p_lock == 0

Scot Mcintosh psm at manta.nosc.mil
Fri Jun 28 06:22:00 AEST 1991

Our contract to get Sun support is slooowly wending its way thru the
bureaucracy here. Meanwhile, my SPARCstation 1+ running Unix 4.1.1
and openwindows periodically bombs with the following message:

assertion failed: pp->p_lock == 0  file ../../vm/vm_page.c line 845

Can some kind soul please tell me what's going on and how I might
correct this? If it's relevent, this machine has 8 meg, which I
understand is considered small in SPARC user circles.

Thanks.

----
Scot McIntosh
Internet: psm at helios.nosc.mil
UUCP:     {ihnp4,akgua,decvax,decwest,ucbvax}!sdscvax!nosc!psm
"It's not a bug, it's a limitation" - Microsoft Tech Assistant