Selection Service Timeout, RPC

James Peregrino JPEREGRINO at hbsstg.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 20 04:33:00 AEST 1991

After my recent upgrade to 4.1.1 on a Sparc 1, Sunview has been acting
cranky.  I now get (almost all the time).

	rpc: selection service time out

This happens immediately on entering sunview, and from then on when using
the mouse to select.  Events eventually get there, but only after a ~10
second lag.  I know that sunview has a (I believe) 10 second time out on
selection events.  My suspicion is that I may have cut something out of my
kernel configuration . . .

+ James Peregrino                        |     JPEREGRINO at HBSSTG.HARVARD.EDU +