lprm command

Susanne Ramsey ramsey at sundance.llnl.gov
Wed Mar 20 04:33:00 AEST 1991

I have a problem with lprm that perhaps you can help with -

configuration

1 - 4/330 server - Apple LW attached
10 - 4/xx dataless clients -  remote queues to 4/330
1 - 4/470 server - remote queue to 4/330

If a user issues a print on the 4/470 and changes their mind they can
issue the lprm xxxx command and get the job de-queued...  But if one of
the 10 clients issues the print then the lprm ..  lprm does nothing...
How come  ??  I read the manual page for lprm and it does not say much
except  ...

	" Only the super-user can remove  print  jobs  submitted  from
          another host. "

Now I would assume that to mean that if I were on the 330 and wanted to
kill a job issued from one of the other machines I would have to be
super-user.

How can a user/client kill a job that has gone to the printserver..??

Thanks for your help - 	Susanne