Sparcstation 2 speed

Bruce Allen ballen at csd4.csd.uwm.edu
Tue Mar 26 08:00:00 AEST 1991

I have a SparcStation 2 with an old GX board from a 20Mhz SS1 installed in
it.  When I run the utility fpversion (Included with the unbundled C
compiler) on the SS2, it replies with

A SPARC-based CPU is available.
CPU's frequency appears to be 33.0 MHz.

Sun-4 floating-point controller version 2 found.
A TI 8847-based FPU2 is available.
FPU's frequency appears to be 33.0 MHz.

Use "-cg89" floating-point option.

Is this correct?  Could someone with an SS2 please run the utility to see
if they get the same reply or the 40 Mhz that I would expect.

I am worried that the system clock might have been slowed down to
accomodate the old GX board which was made to operate at 20 rather than 25
Mhz.

Bruce Allen