Colour Screen Dumps

Arthur Streeb-Greebling so273208 at eesun.gwu.edu
Sat Mar 23 06:20:20 AEST 1991

We have a rather vexing problem here at Spacenet.  We are trying to
produce colour screendumps from our Suns for documentation purposes.  Our
software is currently being developed under OpenWindows 1.0.1.

We have tried using xwd and xpr to create grayscale PostScript files of
these screendumps which works ok, but the results photocopy very badly,
creating a rather ugly black mess on the page.

What I am really looking for is some way of creating a colour PostScript
dump of the screen that I can transfer to a Mac and print with Adobe
Illustrator 3 on a colour printer.  I have tried using the colour
PostScript option in xpr but when transferred to Illustrator, it only
prints a portion of the file on the page.

Any ideas?  Is there a better screendump utility available than xwd | xpr?
If so, where can I get it?

Thanks in advance!
Jens Johansen