lpd and tcpcon

Christoph Schittel schittel at geo.Uni-Koeln.DE
Wed Mar 27 02:00:00 AEST 1991

I have a problem with lpd and pseudoterminals. When I make a connection
betwenn a pseudoterminal (/dev/ttyre) and a terminalserver (using nd and
tcpcon) I can do a

  cat >/dev/ttyre

and it works fine. My problem is that lpd is not making any output to
/dev/ttyre. printcap looks like:

 ...:lp=/dev/ttyre:...

I don't have the problem with Ultrix, only SunOS strikes.  nd and tcpcon
are OK.  Please help me! Am I missing something?

Christoph Schittel			Internet:
Institut f. Geophysik			schittel at geo.Uni-Koeln.DE
Universitaet Koeln
  F. R. G.