Informix "Wingz" Selection Service PRoblem

Bill Leue leue at galen.crd.ge.com
Sat Mar 16 08:44:00 AEST 1991

I wonder if anyone has experienced this problem and would have a
workaround.  I am trying to run Version 1.0 of the "Wingz" spreadsheet on
a Sparcstation 1+ under SunOS 4.1.0.  I'm running OpenWindows 2.0, and
"Wingz" is still a Sunview application, so it runs in the "compatibility"
layer above all the other windows.

The problem is that when you click on any of the menu buttons with any
mouse button, the menu button inverts, stays inverted for several seconds,
and then goes back to normal without any menu being displayed.  You get a
message "Couln't ask service who holds selection: RPC: Timed out" error
message on the shell window from which you started Wingz.

Sound familiar?  If so, please send me email, since I can never seem to
stay caught up with this newsgroup :-).

Thanks!
-Bill Leue
leue at crd.ge.com